Thursday, September 13, 2018

Day 4 on the Camino part 1

The hike for Wednesday was the shortest of the trip... only about 9 miles. So it was a pretty easy day with lots of time for exploring.

Breakfast was excellent. Thick hot chocolate and churros for dipping, and freshly baked croissants, with freshly squeezed orange juice.

Once I got to Azura, the endpoint for the day, I found a beautiful little park at the center of town, with  shady beech trees, a fountain and a cafe.

Had paella, bread and wine, then flan and espresso for dinner at the cafe. Some German ladies and I took each other’s photos. After dinner, I sat in the square with the other Spaniards and just enjoyed the evening. ( plus I ate some ice cream and a chocolate croissant - need to keep my strength up)





2 comments:

  1. there he is: about time...paella looks good: did you get your own skillet?...is that a flan in the one picture....are you walking enough to burn off those calories...have fun...

    ReplyDelete