Monday, September 17, 2018

Day 6- After arriving at the Cathedral.

After spending some time exploring around the Cathedral, it was time to get my Compostela. This is the certificate that the Church gives to peregrinos who have received at least two stamps a day during their Camino.  There's a small office down the block from the Cathedral where they validate your stamps, and issue the Compostela. A small office, filled with hundreds of sweaty pilgrims waiting in line for hours. But after walking for 6 days (or more) it's worth it! Actually the line wound through a very pleasant garden with a fountain.

Here's are photos of the office, my passport with all the stamps, my Compostela and the pilgrim's shell that accompanied me every day on my backpack during the trip.




After all this, I enjoyed an excellent lunch on a patio in view of the cathedral. Yes, octopus and beer again...


2 comments:

  1. I love all the stamps in yo ur passport...now where will you get octopus when you get home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that’s a passport you should keep forever

    ReplyDelete